Feedback from readers
Many readers have taken the time to let Sarah know how useful her books have been to them; a selection of comments is included below for 'Windows 7 and Vista Explained' and earlier books. Your comments help shape the next books, please do send feedback.
You can send comments on 'Windows 7 and Vista Explained' by emailing both authors and direct to Sarah Morley Wilkins.
'Windows 7 and Vista Explained'
- 'An invaluable resource for PC users who are blind or visually impaired and a source of greater insight for readers looking at the screen.' Rob Sinclair, Director of Accessibility, Microsoft.
- 'With the major changes to the interface Microsoft has introduced into Windows 7 the need for such a well-described guide is even more important for visually impaired computer users.' DN, British Computer Association of the Blind, UK.
- 'I really like your publications! I am a blind person and I appreciate having things explained in a non-visual way.' JS, USA
- 'Many thanks for your books on Windows. I get far more out of my computer than I would have done, and indeed save myself a fair amount of time and trouble as a result of being able to refer to your books.' BH, UK.
- Sarah has developed a remarkable insight and understanding of how you perform tasks when you can't see the screen. Her books have become the computer bible for users and trainers alike.' PB, British Computer Association of the Blind, UK.
- 'Your book on XP was a most wonderful and insightful read, not to mention it taught me a lot along the way that I, as a blind person, wouldn't pick up.' BS, USA.
- 'I continually recommend your Windows materials, which I know clears away the mysterious mist about computing for so many of my clients.' MH, UK.
- 'I struggled to grasp the concept of how to operate Windows with my screen-reader until I found out about your book 'Windows XP Explained'. After reading through the book it clarified everything so easily. I found it very useful to have key concepts or shortcuts repeated at each stage. Well done on a book that is well set out and so easy to follow.' AM, UK.
- 'My sighted computer mentors had found it very difficult to explain the Windows screen displays to me. With the use of your book together with the braille tactile diagrams, the impossible has been made possible.' KN, Nigeria.
- 'As a trainer of blind and partially sighted computer users for 10 years I can say that 'Windows XP Explained' is simply the best study material we have ever had.' JG, South Africa.
- 'May I take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the countless visually impaired people I have worked with, whose confidence, dignity and independence have been enhanced through using your wonderful materials.' MB, UK.